Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Pet Peeve

Look, I like washing dishes as much as the next guy........well that's not exactly true but I don't mind washing them.............okay thats not true either, but it is sufficient to say that I do them from time to time without too much complaining. However, when I get to the muffin tins "insanity licks at the edge of my brain" (If D coined that phrase he is a literary comic and genius). As much as I like eating Jenns wonderful banana chocolate chip muffins with orange glazing, I dread having to wash the tins. The tedious work of circle scraping each hole with the sponge and even then I cant get to the corners. Whats worse? I am certain that it is always my go at the dishes when the muffin tins are dirty. It drives me up the wall and it is hard to reach the sink to finish the dishes when I'm up there. Does anyone have a trick?

I might be inclined to invent a better muffin tin but it would just end up in a book of inventions and money-making ideas that sits on my office shelf waiting to have items scratched off the list as someone else telepathically steals my ideas year by year and takes them to the bank. Like my spray on salad dressing. We've all seen it in the stores now and its still as brilliant an idea as when I developed it 7 years ago. Ask Tom Booth. He will vouch for that.

Alas I will suck it up as always and continue cleaning the muffin tins but this time with the added advantage of venting to my blog and its sea of readers.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm assuming these are normal size muffin tins.... try trying to clean the itty bitty ones, thats real frustration!

Wendy said...

What about buying silicone muffin tins? (I guess they're not tins...) Ken has looked at them a number of times and although we have yet to purchase them and try them out, I would think they would be very easy to clean.

D said...

Use cupcake wrappers. There's nothing wrong with putting a muffin in a cupcake wrapper.

As for the "insanity" phrase, yes, that was an original which exactly described my state of mind on that particular occasion.

ej said...

I don't know if it was your post or a biological clock finally kicking in, but after dinner tonight I looked at the dish-piled-high sink and for the first time ever said, "I can't wait until I'm married." I want someone to do my dirty work.

Of all the suggestions I think D. Rek wins, and so do the trees.